Smouldering butt culprit

A SMOULDERING cigarette butt in a plastic ashtray caused a house fire in Tinamba on Friday.

The fire, at a property on the Traralgon-Maffra Rd, was reported at 9.25am, and CFA crews arrived at 9.34am, finding the house fully engulfed in flames.

The fire was under control by 10.36am. The roof was destroyed, and there were no occupants in the house at the time.

Ten fire units attended, including brigades from Heyfield, Tinamba and Maffra.

Gippsland Senior
More coming soon!!!