Stratford park damage

POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a deliberately lit fire about 6pm on Saturday at Apex Park, Stratford.

A flag pole was damaged which caused it to fall, damaging another pole, causing about $3000 in damage.

People with information are being asked to phone Constable Mutsch at the Sale police on 5142 2200, or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Dressing gown heater fire

POLICE are reminding Wellington Shire residents of the dangers of drying clothes close to heaters, after a dressing gown caught fire at a house in Newry last week.

The CFA and police were called to the house after the gown, which fell from where it had been placed to dry, caught fire about 3am last Thursday.

Leading Senior Constable Ben Treasure of Sale police said the small fire was quickly extinguished and nobody was injured, but the incident served as a reminder to be careful when using heaters.

The lounge room of the house received minor damage.

"Luckily it was not worse, but it is a timely reminder with the weather getting cooler to be careful when drying anything near inside heaters," he said.

"Clothing should never be placed close to heaters."

Gippsland Senior
More coming soon!!!