Brothers lucky to escape a Fulham house fire

TWO brothers were lucky to escape a Fulham house fire on Friday morning.

The blaze began just before 4am in the laundry. One of the two occupants in the house at the time, David Hector, was alerted to the fire after hearing crackling and popping sounds.

He went to the bathroom to investigate the source of the sound and noticed the bathroom wall melting, and quickly ran to the nearby laundry to find the room already ablaze.

He woke his brother, Joel, and both fled through windows before alerting authorities.

Four CFA fire tankers, numerous support vehicles and police attended the blaze on the Sale-Heyfield Rd property, but by the time the first tanker arrived, the fire had already taken hold, and the house was ultimately completely destroyed.

CFA crews pumped water from a nearby irrigation channel to douse the flames.

Occupants initially believed a clothes dryer, which had been operating earlier in the day, had been the source of the fire, but investigators believe the blaze was sparked by a small refrigerator in the laundry.

No one was injured.

Comments