Highway works update

COMPLETION of the Wurruk to Sale section of the Princes Highway duplication project is now expected to be in April next year, with traffic expected to be transferred to the new carriageway and bridges across the Sale causeway mid-November.

VicRoads south-eastern projects director Charlie Broadhurst said while the original completion date was the end of this year, the project had been delayed due to weather.

“Wet and cold weather and unusually high water levels in the Thomson River in winter meant major work was suspended between June 4 to October 17,” he said.

“The next major traffic switch is expected to occur in mid-November, when all traffic will be transferred to the new carriageway and bridges across the Sale causeway.

“This will enable contractors to upgrade the existing causeway structures including strengthening works and pavement improvements.”

Traffic was permanently shifted onto the new duplication of the Princes Highway between Settlement Road and Hunt Place, Wurruk, on October 18.