THE Department of Sustainability and Environment and Parks Victoria have advised that new planned burns will be carried out in the following areas today, weather conditions permitting:
• Willung, Red Hill: a 405 hectare ecological burn, 10km south-east of Rosedale;
• Middle Story: 1613 hectare fuel reduction burn, 7.5km west of Seaton.
• Beverleys Rd: 499 hectare fuel reduction burn, 15km north of Briagolong. This burn will be progressed today using aerial incendiaries.
Smoke may be visible in Willung, Rosedale, Heyfield, Seaton, Briagolong, Stockdale, Glenaladale and surrounding areas.
Smoke may still be visible from burns previously ignited at:
• Beverleys Rd, 15km north of Briagolong.
• Lake Colquhoun, 10km north-west of Lakes Entrance.