Maffra house fire

A HOUSE in Cameron Court, Maffra was completely destroyed Wednesday night after fire took hold at 6pm.

Police suspect the blaze was started by a four-year-old boy playing with a cigarette lighter.

A woman and her son, who were in the house at the time of the incident, were not injured.

Pumps pinched

TWO RevFlow pumps, a six inch and an eight-inch pump, both designed to fit behind a tractor, were stolen from a business in Tinamba on Friday.

They were taken between 5pm and 6.30pm from the rear of the business, and Senior Constable Anthony Dessent said at least two to three people would have been needed to lift the pumps.

The estimated value of the items is $4500.

People with information are urged to phone Sen-Const Dessent at Maffra police on 5174 1026 or detectives at the Wellington Criminal Investigation Unit on 5143 5000.