Swans lose after score check

STRATFORD was ahead on the scoreboard when the final siren sounded to end its round 12 match against Wy Yung, but unfortunately for the Swans, the scoreboard was wrong.

After the goal umpires conferred post-match, it was confirmed the Swans had actually lost by a point, 14.10 (94) to 14.9 (93).

Trailing by 45 points at half-time, the Swans mounted a comeback with 10 goals to three only to fall just short from claiming the points against the ladder leader.

The Tigers booted six goals in the second quarter to set up a handy buffer at half-time, only for the Swans to work their way back into the contest with six goals of their own in the third quarter.

Still faced with a 22-point deficit at three-quarter-time, Stratford booted four goals to one in the final term.

Scott Scicluna provided a strong target up forward, booting four majors in his return to the side, while Josh Kiss kicked three.

Kane Kerten, Nathan Fehst, Rowan Marsden and Sam Breakspear were Stratford’s better players, while Craig Froud was influential for the Tigers, booting eight goals.

AN inaccurate Lindenow led at every change against Paynesville to move into second spot on the ladder.

The Cats booted seven behinds in the second quarter, and could have enjoyed a better lead than the 28 points at half-time.

The Gulls, aided by further Cats inaccuracy in front of goal, fought back in the second half but still went down by three goals, 12.16 (88) to 10.10 (70).

Matt Busch and Kobi Cook booted four goals each for the Cats, while Keith Ritchie and Anthony Simpson booted three majors each for the Gulls.

LAKES Entrance enjoyed a percentage boosting win over Orbost-Snowy Rovers, 30.17 (197) to 4.8 (32).

After booting 10 goals in the first half, the Seagulls put the foot down, scoring 20 second half goals on their way to a 165-point win.

Gerard Kennedy helped himself to 13 majors, while Adam Lowcock and Andrew Stevens booted nine goals between them in the big win.

LUCKNOW had the bye.