Community

Sale Toastmasters celebrates 10th anniversary

Sale Toastmasters celebrated a decade-long milestone in the Wellington community. For 10 years it has built the in-person and online skills of public speaking, presentation...

Big Blokes BBQ 2024 held in tribute to the late Bruce Ellen

Blake Metcalf-Holt THE Latrobe Valley Big Blokes BBQ for 2024 was held recently in Morwell’s revamped Kernot Hall. The fundraiser attracted another bumper crowd, welcoming blokes...

Toni’s bowel cancer experience

Toni Mackay I DON'T usually share my cancer experience for many reasons, mostly because I don't want it to define me or my life, however,...

Reader Gallery – June 14 2024

Pelicans on Lake Guyatt. Photo: Mary McNally A golden sunrise at The Honeysuckles. Photo: Melanie Tancred Merriman Creek flowing at Seaspray. Photo: Melanie Tancred Pink flowering gums...

Sale Turf Club contributes to injured and orphaned wildlife

SALE Turf Club Foundation recently made a donation of $40,000 to the Our Haven Wildlife Shelter Inc. The donation was made to help assist the...

Celebrating the latest cohort of East Sale RAAF Base pilots

Few graduation ceremonies are as exciting as last Thursday’s at RAAF Base East Sale. Air Force Roulettes and a RAAF F/A-18F Super Hornet aircraft from...

Local hair apprentice enters finals

ONE of the three young apprentices at Sale's Khayaam Hair, Makeup & Beauty Salon heard the results last week about her position in the...

Success of 4Life Wellington

OVER 600 year eight students from secondary schools across Wellington gathered at the Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale last Wednesday (June 19) to...

Monash medical students’ placement in Sale

SOME of the 86 second-year Monash University medical students have visited four Gippsland locations on a one-week rural placement. Students have come to understand the...

Airly PS learns about Anzac Day

LEARNING about Anzac Day is always significant at Airly Primary School. This year’s service, presented by all Grade 6 students, was particularly interesting as the...

Throwback: Peter Eustace switches off his microphone for final time in Sale

This story was published in the Latrobe Valley Express in May 2017. Switching off the microphone for the final time at Sale was one of...

Serving up connections at Monday Tucker

WHEN police in Sale were introduced to a member of their local Rotary Club over a decade ago, little did they know it would...

Latest News

Whose fate will be decided? NGFNL R14

Tom Hayes THREE clubs have the bye in the North Gippsland Football-Netball League today, meaning only four games will go ahead in Round 14 action. Fates...