THE Fibreglass Factory in Yarram says that they have “pretty much lost most things” to a shed fire on the night of Sunday, May 5.

Owners of the fibreglass producing business, Ben and Bek Muir, in an emotional social media post on Monday, said they would go through the site to see what’s survived the blaze to determine the best way to serve customers.

“If you have an open order we will contact you soon to discuss, and if you want to order please wait for us to sort out what we still have. Thanks for all your support, join us on the journey as we rebuild and see what’s next for The Fibreglass Factory,” they said.

Ms Muir said that their “new products” were not affected by the fire.

CFA were called to the shed fire on Station Street in Yarram just after 9pm on May 5, with WorkSafe confirming that inspectors have responded to the incident.

“On arrival, firefighters found two sheds in a fibreglass factory well alight. The sheds were around 40m x 7.5m and 60m x 15m in size,” a CFA spokesperson said in a statement provided to the Gippsland Times.

“CFA issued an Advice message just before 10pm due to smoke in the area. The fire was brought under control just after midnight and declared safe at 1.28am.

“CFA had 17 vehicles on scene supported by FRV crews.”

A CFA crew member remained on the scene on Monday afternoon as an investigation into the fire was launched.

On Wednesday, CFA said investigations are still underway, and they will “take some time”.

Yarram Fire Brigade wrote on social media that CFA brigades from “as far as Sale, Maffra, Leongatha, Rosedale, Foster, CFA Traralgon BA Support and FRV Traralgon” supported them in responding to the fire.

“We would like to thank these crews for all their help. Crews worked into the early hours of this morning to bring the fire under control,” they wrote.

A WorkSafe spokesman told the Gippsland Times: “WorkSafe is aware of the incident and inspectors have responded.”

Victoria Police said the incident was not suspicious, so would not comment.

The Fibreglass Factory in Yarram went up in flames last Sunday night. Photos: Yarram Fire Brigade