Vat fire prompts emergency response at McDonald’s, Sale

Emergency services were called to McDonald's Sale, on Monday afternoon. Photo: Sharen Sharp

EMERGENCY services rushed to McDonald’s in York St, Sale, on Monday following reports of a vat fire in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to the fast food restaurant just after 5pm, however the fire was already extinguished by a fire system by the time they arrived.

A CFA spokesperson said it appeared the vat had spontaneously combusted.

Three vehicles attended from the Sale brigade.

No one was injured during the incident.