Glenmaggie boat races postponed

Rain led to hazardous conditions at the Glenmaggie and District Boat Club’s annual New Years Day races.

Organisers determined the rain had created dangerously slippery conditions on the boat launching and spectator areas, and the club made the decision to postpone the event until late February at the earliest.

Despite having a good roster of boats ready to race, there was nothing organisers could do to ensure the safety of boat launchers so the event was postponed.

It will take at least six weeks for a new application to be approved, and water levels in the lake are dropping rapidly.

Updates will be posted as soon as information becomes available.